IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL 911.
We work with Becker County Sheriff and other various security departments to create the safest possible environment for you. Police officers are on site for your safety, so please do not hesitate to ask them for assistance if you feel unsafe.
We want every guest attending WE Fest to feel safe and know we are here to protect you. Below you will find general guidelines on how you can help, and how we are working to make this year the safest year yet!
- Have a list of emergency contact info, allergies and medications on your person in case our emergency team needs to know!
- Mother nature can be unpredictable! Though we will be monitoring the weather at all times, to prepare, it’s important that you check the weather right before leaving for the event. This way you can be prepared with rain gear, warm clothes, or anything else you may need to be comfortable in the case of unpleasant weather!
- Stay hydrated and be prepared for sun! It can get very hot in the August at Soo Pass Ranch, make sure you have plenty of sunscreen and a good plan for having water near you at all times! (Remember empty Camelbaks and plastic water bottles are allowed in, bring them and take advantage of our water fill stations located on the map!)
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING. Whether it’s someone looking ill, an unruly guest, or something that seems suspicious, grab the nearest police officer, security or staff member for immediate assistance! You can also text us at WEHELP at 24587 from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM CT from Monday, July 30th through Saturday, August 4th.
- Take a moment to look over the map, locate all medical tents and emergency exits so you know the quickest way to safety in an emergency!
- Be considerate of those around you! There are a lot of people attending and all for one reason: TO HAVE FUN! Let’s make WE Fest enjoyable for everyone!
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
- STAY CALM! There are teams available to help and plans in place in case of emergency. Keep you and others around you calm and listen to any instructions given to you by an emergency responder or security officer.
- Follow the emergency exit signs. Please take a moment to review the map and look for the emergency exits. These exits will also be marked with signs in the venue, so take a moment once you enter to make yourself familiar with their locations in the event of an evacuation.
- KEEP UP-TO-DATE! In the event of an evacuation or emergency we will post updates via our social network pages and app — follow us on Facebook here, Twitter here and download our mobile app here. Keep your eyes on these sites for all safety and scheduling updates!
For the security of everyone at WE Fest, all people and vehicles on festival grounds are subject to a full and complete search prior to entry, at both the campgrounds and venue. This may include a full body pat-down and magnetometer screening before entry. If you would like to be screened by security personnel of your same gender, please let security personnel know prior to the search process. Screening of children will always take place with the consent of a parent or guardian.
SMALL BAG POLICY: All bags will be searched before entry [NEW IN 2018]
- Bags will be restricted to small purses and draw string bags and may not exceed 14″ x 11″ x 5″ (35cm x 28cm x 12cm).
- Backpacks and bags with multiple pockets are prohibited.
- Camelbaks and hydration packs are allowed but must be empty and have only one additional pocket.
We recommend a cinch bag or single-pocket fanny-pack.
Don’t want to wait in a long line?! Follow these tips to a quick and easy security check:
- Know the allowed and prohibited items list below.
- SMALL BAGS ONLY!! (14” x 11” x 5”) See above Small Bag Policy for full details.
- Have bags open and ready to be searched, ALL bags will be searched upon entry of the festival grounds, make sure you are prepared so we can keep the line cruising!
- NO BAG LINE, Skip waiting to have your bag searched all together by leaving the bags behind and taking advantage of our express no bag line!
Any person that refuses to follow security policies will be refused entry to the event.
EXIT & RE-ENTRY
All ticket holders are able to exit and re-enter but will go through the security screening EVERY TIME they enter the venue
If you plan on drinking at WE Fest, you must be over 21 and wearing an over 21 wristband at all times, including the campgrounds. Security will be doing ID checks in the campgrounds on Tuesday and Wednesday prior to the festival grounds opening. Once the festival grounds open, stop at any ID Check tent to get your wristband. You must do this prior to visiting a bar, there will be no wristbands given out at the bars.
ALLOWED IN VENUE
- SMALL BAGS – Bags will be restricted to small purses and draw string bags and may not exceed 14″ x 11″ x 5″ (35cm x 28cm x 12cm). No bags or backpacks with multiple pockets, Camelbaks and hydration packs can only have one additional pocket and must be empty upon entry.
- Blankets and small chairs
- Rain gear
- Ear plugs
- Empty plastic water bottle
- 1 sealed water bottle per person
- Empty Camelbaks and hydration packs with only one pocket
- Camera (basic cameras only – nothing with a detachable lens)
- Bug spray
- Physician prescribed medications – name must match with carrier’s government issued ID, and must not be expired
- Positive attitude!!
PROHIBITED IN VENUE
These items will be confiscated and not returned.
- Firearms, explosives, or weapons of any kind, including but not limited to pocket knives, pepper spray, and tasers
- Glass bottles or containers of any kind
- Alcohol of any kind
- Tents of any kind
- Pets (Service animals must have proper identification)
- Outside food and beverages
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Professional grade radios or walkie talkies
- Any and all professional audio recording and/or video recording equipment
- Professional cameras and equipment (any camera with a detachable lens)
PROHIBITED IN CAMPGROUNDS
These items will be confiscated and not returned.
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Firearms or weapons of any kind
- Large hammers or sledge hammers
- Glass containers or bottles of any kind
- More beer than reasonable for personal consumption
- External speakers, furniture, refrigerators, or carpeting
- Golf carts/ATVs/scooters/skateboards
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Unauthorized vending
- Off-site firewood (Firewood is available for purchase at all campground entrances)
Remember, a violation of festival rules or policies could result in immediate removal from festival grounds and loss of wristband and parking pass.
For those of you spending the entire weekend on the grounds with us we want to make sure you feel safe and ready for a weekend full of fun! There will be various safety officers patrolling the grounds to ensure the safest possible environment.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP
- No cruising! There will be a lot of foot traffic and golf cart traffic throughout the campgrounds. If you need to get somewhere within the grounds please utilize our provided transportation services to reduce the amount of traffic our roadways see!
- STAY WITHIN THE LINES OF YOUR SITE! All roadways are considered fire lanes and are used for emergencies. Failure to stay within your site can result in towing of vehicle or camper, at owner’s expense.
- Always secure your campsite! WE Fest is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Make sure your vehicle pass is clearly visible and parked in the correct location. Any vehicle without a clearly visible pass or parked in the incorrect location will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES! Never leave your fire unattended! Make sure the flames and coals are completely out before leaving your site!
GENERAL CAMPGROUND INFORMATION
- NEW! Campers may begin to stage their vehicles on the road starting Monday, July 30 at 12:00 PM. Any vehicle arriving prior to that time will not be permitted to park on the shoulder, will be subject to removal, and enforcement action taken by the MN State Patrol. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- One vehicle (steering mechanism) and one sleeping unit are permitted per each campsite purchased. Drive-able RVs are considered both the vehicle and sleeping unit.
- Every guest wanting to camp or enter the campgrounds MUST purchase an admission ticket that includes campground access.
- There are a limited number of campsites in Lake Sallie, Northwoods, Blue Ox, and VIP that have electric hook ups. All other sites are primitive and have no electrical hook ups. You must purchase an electric specific campsite to use the electric sites.
- No campsites will be assigned until you have arrived at the grounds and scan your ticket for campground entry. You will be assigned a site in the order that you enter the campground.
- You cannot “save” a campsite for other campers. If you want to camp in a group you MUST arrive together. Plan accordingly.
- Quiet hours begin at 2:00 AM.
- Sites are 25 x 40. If your vehicle or sleeping unit exceeds 40 feet you must purchase two campsites.
Please visit our Camping Options for a complete description of each campground, to find the campsite that is right for you!